What is Medical Reiki?
Medical Reiki is the practice of Reiki in hospitals or other conventional healthcare institutions to address a medical issue.
I am a Certified Medical Reiki Master, trained under Raven Keyes, the founder of Medical Reiki. We are passionate about sharing Reiki as a holistic, complementary therapy for patients and their caregivers. For more information on Medical Reiki, please visit http://www.RavenKeyesMedicalReiki.com/
As Medical Reiki Masters we do not diagnose conditions, prescribe, or perform medical treatments, nor do we interfere with the treatment of a licensed medical professional.
Our mission is to support the patient and/or caregiver in a nurturing holistic way during what is often a very difficult and challenging time.
Medical Reiki Benefits
- Reduces pain, anxiety, tension, stress and depression
- Diminishes the side effects of chemotherapy, radiation therapies and medications including anxiety, nausea/vomiting, skin eruptions, fatigue, insomnia
- May decrease the amount of medications needed
- Quiets the mind and calms and soothes emotions
- Accelerates surgical recovery and healing
- Balances the body’s immune system
- Dissolves energy blockages and releases toxins
- Enhances feelings of well-being and empowerment
Caregiver and Staff Benefits
- Immediate relief of stress
- Rebalances and reenergizes the effects of a stressful environment
- Balances the immune system
- Eases caregiver burnout
Reiki can be offered in:
- Hospitals (Pre, Post and During Surgery)
- Cancer Treatment centers
- Chemotherapy suites
- At home, in a bed or in a chair
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Children’s units (NICU, PICU)
- Labor and Delivery
- Intensive care units
- Emergency rooms
- Veterans Hospitals
- Assisted Living and Nursing homes
Reiki treatments are adaptable to any environment and everyone can benefit. Reiki is appropriate and helpful for people of any age and with any condition-newborns, children, teens, adults, and seniors.
prev / next