Hands-on Session in the Pet’s Home: 60 minutes
Remote Session: 30 minutes
What is Animal Reiki?
Animals are naturally receptive to Reiki energy and tend to gravitate towards it readily. Some pets may initially prefer to experience the energy from a slight distance, rather than having the practitioner’s hands directly on them
Some health issues can be resolved in two or three sessions, others may require ongoing sessions on a recurring basis. The frequency and duration of sessions depend entirely on each individual animal’s health status and needs.
Benefits of Reiki for Pets
- Enhances overall well-being. As with people, even healthy pets can have occasional physical, emotional, and mental imbalances that, if left untreated, can manifest as illness. Periodic Reiki treatments can help maintain your pet’s natural state of well-being and balance.
- Strengthens the immune system for cancer therapies. Cancer therapies such as chemotherapy and radiation present stress to an already compromised immune system. Reiki strengthens the immune system to better deal with this additional stress. It helps alleviate or prevent the side effects of conventional cancer treatments and provides pain relief.
- Accelerates healing following surgery or illness. Reiki can alleviate and prevent side effects of conventional medications such as pain killers and antibiotics, and provides pain relief and relaxation to facilitate and enhance the body’s natural healing response.
- Helps with behavior issues by promoting relaxation and stress reduction.
- Many behavior issues are caused by stress. Reiki has a calming effect on the pet and may help make the pet more receptive to training and behavior modification. Reiki is extremely beneficial for animals with a history of abuse. The gentle touch and the energy can help restore trust in animals who have learned to associate touch with being hurt.
- Provides comfort and relieves pain, anxiety, and fear for terminally ill animals.
- Reiki is a wonderful way to facilitate the transition for terminally ill animals and their owners. Often, animals will not allow themselves to transition because they intuitively feel that their person is not ready to let them go. Joint Reiki treatments for the pet and his or her person can help both through this difficult time by enhancing the bond and allowing a gentle transition.
Reiki treatments are either given in the pet’s home or remotely. Most pets take to the energy readily and enjoy hands-on treatments. Some pets may be more comfortable from a slight distance. Whether given directly hands-on or from across the room, treatments are equally effective.
Reiki can be given remotely. Distance healing, also known as remote healing, is an energetic healing process that can be best explained through the principles of Quantum physics. It has been proven to be extremely effective, sometimes even more effective than local, hands-on healing.
Why Choose Remote Healing Over Hands-On?
Often the person or animal requesting the healing is not in the same geographical area as the practitioner. Remote healing can be a good option for animals who are skittish about being with strangers or too hyper to sit still.
For humans with busy schedules, remote sessions allow them to benefit from the energy without having to make time to drive to and from the session.
Remote treatments are just as effective as in-person treatments, and can be preferable to hands-on treatments in some instances.
Distance treatments are also quick to schedule. In emergency situations, I can usually offer a distance treatment the same day.